Pages

Monday 7 May 2012

Make time for reflection









THE power to “pack up” is the ability to stop wasteful thinking – simply to control our mind which comprises the thinking faculty, the intellect (the judging faculty) and the memory (the recording ­faculty). These are our three servants.

There should not be a battle, for battles are with enemies.

This is the time to make friends and uplift our servants to be more like our ­ministers, our inner cabinet.

We should encourage our mind to take a break. Shut down the production line for a while, and make quietness a luxury.

When our intellect asks us why it should be quiet, still and patient, tell it that the understanding it seeks only comes when it listens and ­observes, not when it questions and searches.

Invite it to relax and just observe what is going on.

As for the memory, when our old negative tendencies trigger fear, hatred or other negative emotions, we can lovingly change them to be positive.

The effect of these positive ­vibrations not only goes to the world outside but has an impact on each and every cell in the body. There will be a positive response.

I have to help myself and give some time to myself to remain ­silent. If there is physical illness, everyone will fuss around me and take me to the doctor, but with mental illness, no one comes to my aid.

Meditation becomes ­essential. Doing it on a regular basis, I ­develop a calm nature. A mind which is congested with impressions is given space to sort itself out.

http://www.thesundaily.my/news/370909